Thursday, April 5, 2012

Brittany's Update

      With Vern's update out of the way I can now write what has been going on here at home. I last wrote about how Vern and I decided to try and conceive our second child. After Vern broke his ankle we got the bad new that I was not pregnant. We also decided to wait until Vern was able to go back to work and get a few checks coming in. To me this meant waiting another six months or so . I was quite disappointed with Vern and didn't try to hide it. After two months of taking care of not only my duties as a mom ans stay at home wife I also had to take care of Vern and is inability to do anything. During this time I developed severe pain in my pelvic region. I went to my OB.GYN. only to be given horrible news, my endometriosis had returned and that i needed to go back on birth control. My world came crashing down. I was devastated and all I could think of was how were we to have a baby now and if ever. When i passed on this information to Vern he took me by the hand and said "we'll have to try our asses off to get pregnant then." I've never been so proud of my husband as I did right then. With tears in my eyes we made plans of getting pregnant and fast. I did everything i knew of to help me be as fertile as possible. Vern even ate well to ensure fast strong swimmers. On December 7th we were blessed with the news of a little bean growing inside me. I was elated. So relived that god blessed us with a child only after trying for one month. Now it was the waiting game to see if this little miracle would stick. As I sit and write this i am 22 weeks along and growing a healthy baby boy. Caelan Vernon is due to meet us on Aug 7th. I spent my first trimester puking my guts out. I thought I was going puke the baby right out. Now I have my energy back my appetite back ten fold.

      As for Alexis she gets bigger and smarter every day. She is a little singer and dancer. We have been trying to potty train with little success, but her colors, number, and shapes are coming along nicely. This summer we are going to put her in swim lessons and she has already made two new friends that she loves to play with. Starting September she will be in Preschool three times a week. 

No comments: